Worldwide | June 23, 2023
Report as Closed
Company: Apollo GraphQL
Salary: $50,000 - $60,000
Are you an experienced technical writer excited to empower developers on their journey from casual user to GraphQL champion? Are you ready to take on a business-critical role where you will not only produce documentation but help define the action plan for Apollo’s public-facing content? If so, read on!
As a Staff Documentation Writer on the Education team, you’ll take ownership of the public documentation for the GraphOS platform, Apollo’s commercial cloud offering for GraphQL API management. You’ll work closely with representatives from product and engineering to create and edit docs for new releases, and you’ll collaborate with customer-facing teams to address reported gaps in existing content. As you improve the documentation, you’ll ensure that it addresses the most common concerns and use cases of backend API architects.
GraphQL is transforming the software development space by creating a brand new layer in companies' stacks called the supergraph that helps engineering teams ship faster and build richer experiences than ever before. Each month, over 100,000 developers read the Apollo docs to help them adopt GraphQL with Apollo’s GraphOS platform and open-source libraries. One of those developers might be making their very first GraphQL query, while another might be adding the fifteenth microservice to their supergraph. Join us and help provide both of those developers (plus every developer in between) with the information they need in an approachable, encouraging way!
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with product teams to scope documentation needs and deliver timely content for releases.
- Collaborate with fellow Education team members to establish writing conventions and continue developing the Apollo voice.
- With help from engineering, explore new documentation views and content formats to help demonstrate GraphOS capabilities.
- You have extensive experience creating documentation for a developer-focused SaaS platform.
- You have experience developing and deploying with at least one backend framework, such as Django or Rails. Experience with a GraphQL server library is welcome but not required.
- You’ve written for and/or worked closely with platform engineers, providing you with a deep understanding of their common priorities and workflows.
- You value crisp writing and strive to produce it.
- You give and receive editorial suggestions with care and grace.
- You’re looking forward to working with a distributed team.
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere in the US or Canada.
Apollo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a talented and diverse workforce.