Please Note: Position offered as 1099 independent contractor.
Top Secret Clearance is required to start.
AIM Technical Group is seeking a Software Developer.
AIM is seeking a Software Developer, to assist with developing and delivering Web application products and services in support of our client. Ability to create and assess design solutions based on user goals and key scenarios. Problem solving, creative, and communication skills. Demonstrated ability to work effectively cross functionally with other teams (Engineering, Program Management & Marketing). Strong collaboration influencing skills, proven ability to lead and inspire. An ability to work through ambiguity and multiple priorities. Have a passion for quality, innovation, and world-class design Experience with multiple devices and platforms (e.g., cross browser, tablet, smart phone)
Understanding of front-end performance characteristics. Experience with SPA (Single Page Application) development. Knowledge of localization techniques for the web. Strong understanding of software best-practices including familiarity with SOLID and DRY coding principles
- Must have an Active Top Secret Clearance
- Presentation layer UI development and prototyping synthesizing visual, motion, input and interaction design across a diverse and rapidly evolving technology ecosystem.
- Contribute technical expertise throughout all stages of product design and development, conceptual design, visual design language and motion personality, input language, UI platform and tools maturity, prototyping and production.
- Implementation of accessible UI.
- Ownership of quality standards, process, schedule, costing, resources and deliverables.
- Offer alternatives when technology constraints require design compromises.
- Help develop and refine UI pattern libraries and interaction guidelines.
- Utilization of responsive design and emerging coding and design practices.
- Bring a multi-disciplinary point of view of product design to the conversation.
- Synthesizing requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and facilitate engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines.
- Designing/developing web, software, mobile apps, prototypes, proofs of concepts (POC’s), and production ready pilots.
- 100% hands-on coding.
- Resolve defects/bugs during QA testing, preproduction, production, and post-release patches.
- Will integrate with consumable security services, driving adoption of 24X7 proactive security monitoring on all TIO environments and systems, while integrating compliance operations
- Articulate technical challenges and solutions.
- Dealing well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
- Work cross-functionally with various FBI teams: product management, QA/QE, various technical and operational divisions to drive forward results.
- Contribute to the design and architecture of the projects within the TIO’s portfolio.
- Experience with Agile Development, SCRUM, or Extreme Programming methodologies.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Bachelors degree with 5+ yrs of relevant experience
- 7+ years of web developement expertise
- Experience with web architecture, app performance, UI frameworks, CSS and JS optimization
- Experience with web debugging tools like Fiddler, Firebug, IE Debugger etc
- Skilled in Object Oriented Programming and have hands-on experience developing enterprise web applications
- Visual Studio, .Net core 2.0, .Net Framework, Microsoft SQL Server, DB2, T-SQL/Stored procedure, MVC, Razor, OAuth 2.0, Restful APIs.
- Visual Studio Web performance and load testing tools.
- Experience with RESTful service and UI integration using JSON and AJAX.
- Application development using MVVM, MVC, Restful WebAPI services, WCF, SOLID principles, OOPs, Dependency Injection, Inversion of Control (IoC), Multi-threading.
- Specialized in architecture and developing AJAX based Model-View-Controller Architectures. Knowledge of SSIS, SSRS and WPF.
- Develop and extend CI and CD pipeline.
- At least one year of experience in building large-scale software applications
- Experience in building web applications
- Experience in designing and integrating RESTful APIs
- Excellent debugging and optimization skills
- Experience in unit/integration testing
- Has worked in an Agile Environment
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years’ experience developing web, software, or mobile applications.
- 1-2+ years’ experience developing prototypes at the right level of fidelity for each phase of development, from startup through launch and beyond.
- 1+ years’ experience with web services (consuming or creating) with REST or SOAP.
- Certified: AWS Solutions Architect or 1-year experience in role.
- Experience with AWS, CI/CD, and containerization (Cloud formation, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon S3, Amazon EC2, Amazon Redshift, automation tools, Linux, Docker, chef or puppet, etc…).
- Experience with the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Expertise in software processes, web services, multi-tiered systems, and enterprise application integration.
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases.
- Experience with unit testing & Test- Driven Development (TDD)
- 5+ years of work experience on web or device applications.
- Excel in the implementation, production, and shipment of highly-polished user interfaces.
- Experience with any CSS tools (SASS, PostCSS, LESS, etc.).
- Familiar with server-side technologies such as Node.js or .NET.
- Experience building responsive and mobile-first applications.
- Exposure to RESTful APIs and familiarity with industry best practices.
- Familiar with unit testing libraries like Jasmine, Mocha, etc.
- Familiar with version control systems (Git, TFS, etc.).
- Experience developing, maintaining, and innovating large scale, consumer facing web or mobile applications.
- Experience with social, mobile, cloud/SaaS, big data, or analytics.
- Familiar with the development challenges inherent with highly scalable and available web applications.
- Experience with open source technologies (if no practical work experience w/ Big Data, or cutting- edge front-end technology—you’re prototyping and/or researching the up and coming technology and solutions.
- Experience with various, modern web frameworks.
- Advance skills in AWS Lambda.
- Advance skills in Postgres/Relational Database Service/Cross Domain Solutions.
- Experience with Open-Source software, and an appreciation for contributions.
- Experience with UI automation testing and integration tests is a big plus Experience with cross-platform mobile development such as React Native, React, Xamarin, Ionic, PhoneGap, etc.
- Online portfolio (public GitHub or similar).
AIM is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. AIM promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: From $90.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Fairfax, VA: Reliably commute or willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (Preferred)
- AWS Solutions Architect: 1 year (Preferred)
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC): 1 year (Preferred)
- developing web, software, or mobile applications: 4 years (Required)
- developing prototypes from startup through launch and beyond: 2 years (Required)
- web services REST or SOAP: 2 years (Required)
- AWS Solutions Architect (Preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Washington, DC 20004