United States | Sept. 20, 2023
Report as Closed
Company: Recruiting From Scratch
Salary: $150,000 - $200,000
Type: Hybrid remote
Who is Recruiting from Scratch:
Recruiting from Scratch is a premier talent firm that focuses on placing the best product managers, software, and hardware talent at innovative companies. Our team is 100% remote and we work with teams across the United States to help them hire. We work with companies funded by the best investors including Sequoia Capital, Lightspeed Ventures, Tiger Global Management, A16Z, Accel, DFJ, and more.
About Our Client
Web3 is a 10x improvement in content monetization and NFTs enable new form of creator-fan connection akin to “digital merch”. Our mission is to make web3 more accessible by building the most familiar tool we know today: a social app. We believe that web3 is uniquely suited to improve social networks:
- In web2, algorithms benefit platforms: social media giants maximize "time spent browsing," and would rather show you cat videos or controversial takes if it means more ad revenue. Everyone is connected, but engagement is superficial.
- In web3, creators and their communities are at the forefront: web3 opens up opportunities to sell digital goods to fans and for platforms to take a small fee. Our incentive is for creators to live off their passion. It's a win-win.
We are starting with web3-native music artists. We also believe that novel primitives like digital collectibles, token-gated group chats, and social tokens are features that will reinvent social networks in that direction.
We’re looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to ship web3 features in collaboration with our 2 other backend engineers and 3 frontend engineers.
Our stack is a Django monorepo hosted on GCP using MySQL and RabbitMQ. We use Kubernetes for worker infrastructure.
We don’t do Full-Stack – we have 3 brilliant React Native (Expo) engineers who will implement your work fast on the frontend.
- 4+ years of experience building scalable distributed systems end-to-end.
- You’re excited about making the benefits of web3 more accessible and learning more about it — but actual web3 experience is not required.
- Culture: you have positive energy, are a clear communicator, and get excited about ambitious projects.
Location: We are hybrid (1-2 days a week in office) in Presidio San Francisco or Hayes Valley if that's too far from you.