United States | Sept. 11, 2023
Report as Closed
Company: Apploi Corp
Salary: $150,000 - $160,000
Apploi is hiring a Senior Backend Engineer to join our fast-paced, innovative, and remote-first environment. You will work with a team of engineers responsible for improving and maintaining Apploi’s core products. Working directly with product managers and your peers in an agile environment, you will develop an engineering strategy focused on creating intuitive, scalable software for healthcare providers.
Our ideal candidate is a passionate problem-solver and strong collaborator who is transparent about progress on tasks, seeks feedback early and often, and inspires their colleagues to do better.
We believe in a highly collaborative and supportive team culture where ideas are celebrated, so it's important that you are not only an accomplished Senior Backend Engineer but also a critical and strategic thinker—and, of course, an exceptional team player. We are dedicated to ensuring this opportunity not only aligns with Apploi’s goals, but also contributes to your career path. Thank you for considering this role!
Who You Are
You are a strong backend engineer with architectural experience. You are customer-focused, excited about making significant contributions to a growing company, and enjoy collaborating with a small team of world-class engineers to solve complex problems at scale.
- At least 5 years of experience in backend engineering with Python
- Have developed and deployed apps using:
- Flask and SQLAlchemy
- Have worked in a B2B environment
- Familiar with MySQL and/or PostgreSQL
- Enjoy test-driven or test-first development
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written in a remote environment
- Strong work ethic, integrity, and desire to succeed
- Adaptable to new initiatives
- Have worked in a start-up or high-growth company
What You’ll Do
- Play a critical role in maintaining and developing Apploi’s API, and Apploi’s future microservice architecture
- Work closely with a product manager and engineering manager to design, scope, and build features for our users
- Consistently write production-ready code that is easily testable, easily understood by other developers, and accounts for edge cases and errors
- Approach all engineering work with a security lens. Actively looks for security vulnerabilities both in the code and when providing peer reviews.
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack with an eye towards improving maintainability over the long term
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
- Align with product managers, engineering mangers, and the VP of Engineering on priorities
- We’re growing as partners on a shared journey.
- We create space to be who we are.
- We are human-centric.
- We have a deep desire to solve hard problems.
- We foster communication through empathy, humility, and openness.
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k)
- Unlimited PTO
- Flex Fridays - employees are encouraged to take up to 2 Fridays off each month outside of PTO, no meetings and wrap up at 3pm on all other Fridays
- Wellness reimbursement
- Excellent employee referral program
- Internal training programs
- In-person events and activities
- Employee hubs and office locations nationwide
- Flexible and remote working options
- Healthy life/work balance
- Fun, collaborative work environment
At Apploi, we pride ourselves on putting people first. This starts at the heart of the company, where we’ve created a workspace where we can be unapologetically ourselves. We’re an eclectic and spirited bunch with amazing company culture, working together to revolutionize hiring!
Apploi is transforming how healthcare hires with all-in-one software that empowers companies to attract, hire, and manage. Working with over 8,000 healthcare organizations across the United States, our team helps leaders solve the industry’s most pressing problem: how to provide superb care in the midst of a candidate shortage.
Our mission to revolutionize hiring through innovation, empathy, and an understanding of human impact has earned Apploi widespread notice. In 2021, Apploi won Gold for Established Excellence in Inc.’s Best in Business awards, and was recognized in 2022 by Inc. as one of America’s Fastest Growing Companies for the third consecutive year. The platform was also recognized by GetApp as a 2022 category leader in onboarding, recruiting, and applicant tracking. On a wide scale and an individual basis, Apploi is dedicated to helping healthcare workers and employers thrive in the industry they love.
We’re devoted to creating an excellent employee experience. Our team, culture, and benefits all make it an incredible place to work, so come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.