Worldwide | June 5, 2023
Report as Closed
Company: Foxbox Digital
Salary: $30,000 - $40,000
Foxbox Digital is an award-winning digital product agency, headquartered in Chicago. We serve as a strategic partner to clients ranging from start-ups to SMBs to design, develop, and deliver unique best-in-class digital experiences that successfully increase brand loyalty and drive ROI.
We're a remote-first team of associates located in the United States and LATAM regions. Our mission is rooted in continuously engaging and assembling tech-enthusiasts together to build our global team.
We are looking for smart and creative Python engineers who look to build amazing sites using the latest technology to join our team. We are looking for a python engineer who takes pride in their code, and embraces automated testing. In this role you will be writing and testing scalable code, developing server side logic and ensuring responsiveness to teams.
If you enjoy challenges, here you will be a valued core member of our team and help build cutting-edge mobile applications for our clients.
- Write effective, scalable code using Python programming language.
- Design client-side and server side architecture.
- Work with development teams and product managers to ideate software solutions gaining proficiency in tools, processes, and practices to articulate outcomes and solutions to problems.
- Develop back-end components to improve responsiveness and overall performance
- Integrate user-facing elements into applications.
- Write and document effective APIs
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency.
- Troubleshoot, Debug and upgrade software
- Improve functionality of existing systems
- Implement security and data protection solutions
- Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design.
- Assess and prioritize feature requests
- Coordinate with internal teams to understand user requirements and provide technical solutions, readily able to explain project decisions to co-workers.
- You have 3+ years of professional experience with PythonDjango is essential (ORM, class-based views, generic views, forms, templates)
- You have Knowledge of object-relational mapping (ORM)
- You have database experience PostgreSQL is a must.
- You have exceptional communication skills-written, oral, visual, formal, informal
- You have adaptability to client environments with technical and non-technical information.
- You have experience working in a digital agency or consulting environment
- You have a BS in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- Familiarity with agile software development methodologies.
Nice to Have
- Elixir, Node.js, or Ruby experience
- Experience with FlaskExperience with Docker
- GitHub actions
- DDD (Domain Driver Design) knowledge
- Python lint and formatted tools ( Isort, Black, Flake8, Pylint) knowledge
- UI/UX design is a plus
Technologies we use:
- Backend: Node.js | Python | NodeJS | Go | Ruby | Java | .Net | Elixir | React Native
- Mobile: Android / iOS
Why Foxbox Digital:
- We offer continuous training and growth opportunities
- You are part of a multicultural and collaborative team that is constantly growing.
- Don’t be afraid to break things; we encourage risk-takers.
Diversity and Inclusion
Foxbox Digital is an LGBT company certified by the Illinois and National LGBT Chambers of Commerce. We are committed to working with diverse and inclusive teams to continue building the digital revolution.
Foxbox is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all and team members with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Foxbox are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Foxbox will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Foxbox encourages applicants of all ages.