United States | July 1, 2023
Report as Closed
Company: Epic Gardening
Salary: $140,000 - $150,000
At Epic Gardening, we’re on a mission to teach the world to grow. Founded in 2013, Epic has become the most followed gardening brand and is the leading creator-led, content-to-commerce business in gardening. Millions of enthusiastic gardeners come to Epic for entertaining and informative growing content across video, blogs, podcasts, social platforms, and books. Through our online store, we offer highly curated, best-in-class gardening products designed to perform well for the gardener and stand the test of time. In December 2021, Epic closed a round of financing from The Chernin Group (TCG). In November 2022, Epic Gardening completed the acquisition of Botanical Interests, a vegetable, herb, and flower packet seed company founded in 1995 and based in Broomfield, CO. The acquisition dramatically expands Epic's product offering and go-to-market channels with the addition of 800+ SKUs and a nationwide wholesale distribution channel.
- Design and develop headless ecommerce site in Shopify’s Hydrogen/Oxygen environment
- Create Microservices hosted in AWS/GCP
- Build full stack applications that are fast, reliable, and highly available
- Architect and develop loosely coupled infrastructure
- Write well structured, tested, readable, and maintainable code
- Evolve our application stack and mentor other team members on development patterns and best practices
- Build REST/GraphQL APIs that are well documented
- A Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred) in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of industry experience with full stack applications and distributed systems
- Hands-on experience with Angular, Vue or React
- Hands-on experience with frameworks such as Express, Django, Next etc.
- Experience working with backend technologies such as NodeJs and Python
- Expertise with cloud infrastructure and automated infrastructure management on services such as GCP and AWS
- Experience working with relational and NoSQL databases
- Ability to take UI assets as well as quick mockups and implement them pixel perfect
- Experience working in a fast paced startup environment with quick iteration, continuous deployment, and test-driven development
- Strong communication skills
BONUS IF YOU HAVE
- Experience with Shopify
- Experience building with Hydrogen/Oxygen
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- eCommerce working knowledge
- Located in San Diego, CA or Greater Denver area
This is an exempt role.
Qualified applicants can expect a starting pay of $150,000 annually.
WORKING AT EPIC
Epic is committed to providing our team with a competitive benefits package. We offer competitive and fair compensation, retirement plans with match, comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans, twelve weeks of paid parental leave, Health Care and Dependent Care FSAs, equity, and more.
Epic Gardening is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all team members. To achieve our mission of changing the way the world treats weight, we are building an environment where every employee can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do the best work of their careers. We value diversity and recruit, hire, and promote individuals solely based on talent, qualifications, competence, and merit. We evaluate candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristics as required by law and as a matter of our company values.