Who we are at Osmo:
- We are a digital olfaction company, on a mission to give computers a sense of smell to improve the health and wellbeing of human life. Why? Our sense of smell both enriches and saves lives, and has a deep and direct connection to our emotions and memory. Vision and hearing have been digitized, but not scent. It's time we solve this.
- We're bringing an unprecedented combination of software, data, hardware and capital to the historic challenge of giving computers a sense of smell.
- We believe in the power of automation and carefully applied AI/ML to solve problems that are beyond what the unaided human mind can tackle on its own.
- In the first phase of our development, we are using our map of odor along with cutting-edge generative AI to create the next generation of aroma molecules (e.g., the ingredients in the fragrances we wear and the products we use).
- We're a hybrid company with a laboratory and center-of-mass in Cambridge, MA.
Who you are:
- You're curious, kind, and get stuff done. You have a first-class mind, and you want to stretch it.
- You want to work on a nearly impossible goal that serves a deep human need, drawing on a wide diversity of knowledge and skill to achieve it. Where there's a gap, we explore it from first-principles and arrive at pragmatic solutions.
- You want to work with curious, kind, results-oriented teammates on this adventure into the unknown.
Osmo is looking for a Full Stack Engineer to join our rapidly growing team. Osmo is building an operating system for smell, and the machine learning (ML) platform plays a very important part of modeling and simulating the molecular properties in the real world. This role will build web apps to explore the olfactory space and help lead insights into different product areas. You will be a member of the engineering team, reporting to the Head of Engineering.
- Design and develop a back-end and web UI for chemoinformatics tools
- Write exploratory tools to help better understand chemoinformatic data and develop APIs for making the data accessible at scale
- Collaborate with the Product team to build proof of concepts to test business ideas
- Strong autonomy and ability to create tools from scratch.
- Comfort with teamwork, collaboration, and a desire to reach across functional borders to develop new partnerships.
- Experience working with cloud platforms such as GCP
- Previous experience working with chemoinformatics data
- Experience in building data warehouses
- 1-3 years of engineering experience producing high quality code
- Fluency in Python, strong knowledge of JavaSсript/ES6+, Typescript, Angular, React, and Node.js
- Proficiency with server-side Python libraries such as Django or Flask
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with databases and SQL
- Willingness to work in our office in Cambridge, MA 2-5 days a week or travel to Cambridge ~2 times a quarter to work with the team in person
- US work authorization
At Osmo, we believe in the simple maxim, "be kind, get stuff done." If this role inspires you we'd encourage you to apply. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and retaining an incredible team optimized for a diversity of thought, background, and approaches. All employment decisions and responsibilities are determined based on current ability and your ability to grow, without regard to race, color, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, marital status, physical, mental, or sensory disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.