GEICO is leading the way in application of Machine Learning and AI in the industry. We have a culture of experimentation, rapid iterations and feedbacks, and lean delivery, complimented with strong partnership and collaboration with architecture and software engineering teams. We’re looking for an Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning Engineer to help research, design and build connected feature engineering capabilities on the Cloud, using AI/ML engineering skills.
The Centralized Software Engineering team is seeking a highly motivated AI/ML Senior Software Engineer to start or continue an IT career in GEICO software engineering team. Teaming up with architects, AI engineers, software engineers, leads, managers and directors, you will work in an Agile environment You will be part of software engineering team helping chart our AI strategy and define the problems what we are solving with AI. You will help build our AI development and infrastructure and set our technical standards. You should be intellectually curious, have a solutions-oriented attitude and enjoy learning new tools and techniques.
AI/ML Senior Software Engineer
- Artificial intelligence Research, design, develop, and implementing algorithms for natural language processing and performing other AI-related tasks in Agile/Scrum, SAFe delivery model.
- Develop AI models with using NLP, Machine Learning, Python, Django, Neural Networks, and algorithms.
- Building, integrating, and maintaining AI models with integrating into existing software systems.
- AI systems training and testing the models to ensure the accuracy, reliability, and efficiency of AI recommendations.
- Debug and troubleshoot AI systems to ensure its functioning as expected.
- Learning latest up to date Artificial & Machine Learning technologies and incorporate new tools and techniques.
- Collaborating with cross functional enterprise teams to build and deploy AI systems in Azure and other cloud environments.
- Experience in deploying applications in Azure App service, AKS, PaaS, IaaS servers.
- Collaborate with the engineering teams to derive software engineering requirements throughout the development cycle.
- Works cross functional areas with support of internal engineering teams in a disciplined agile environment.
- Perform automation feasibility analysis, requirements, and testability analysis of the project/program to identify the scope of the automation.
- Be an integral part of technology transformation strategy with solid technical capabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and/or equivalent technical experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with Python and data handling using modules like NumPy and Pandas
- 2+ years of strong working experience in Artificial intelligence algorithms & models research, design, development, model training and recommendation analysis
- Ability to research and develop solutions with different NLP based libraries like Gensim, NLTK, Spacy etc.
- Strong working experience in Python packages like Plotly, Matplotlib etc.
- Work experience in Django framework for converting codes into API
- Strong research & development experience in Tensorflow, Keras for developing Deep Learning Model (Neural Networks)
- Multiyear working experience in Unsupervised techniques like Principal Component Analysis (PCA) and clustering
- Experience in Supervised Learning models like Regression, Naïve Bayes, Decision Tree, Ensemble techniques, Support Vector Machine etc.
- Good working knowledge of different models and methods for NLP like Lemmatization, Stemming, tokenization and embedding techniques using both pre-trained models and Term Frequency, using AI based algorithms like BERT, LSTM, FastText etc.
- Data engineering experience focused on batch and real time data pipelines development using Spark, Python
- Working experience in SQL database & Azure Cloud experience
- Complete software development lifecycle experience including design, documentation, implementation, testing, and deployments
- Knowledge in AI models deployments (CI-CD) in Azure cloud infrastructure
As a full time associate, you’ll enjoy our
Total Rewards Program
- to help secure your financial future and preserve your health and well-being, including:
- Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period**
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
- 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Assistance including Direct Billing and Reimbursement payment plan options
- Paid Training, Licensures, and Certificates
- Benefits may be different by location. Benefit eligibility requirements vary and may include length of service.
**Coverage begins with the pay period after hire date. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
GEICO is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to cultivating an environment where equal employment opportunities are available to all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO celebrates diversity and believes it is critical to our success. As such, we are committed to recruit, develop and retain the most talented individuals to join our team
$82,000.00 - $185,000.00
The above annual salary range is a general guideline. Multiple factors are taken into consideration to arrive at the final hourly rate/ annual salary to be offered to the selected candidate. Factors include, but are not limited to, the scope and responsibilities of the role, the selected candidate’s work experience, education and training, the work location as well as market and business considerations.