United States | Aug. 23, 2023
Report as Closed
Salary: $100,000 - $120,000
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
We are seeking a skilled and experienced Python Developer with expertise in remote machine imaging and systems configuration to join our dynamic team. The ideal candidate will possess strong programming skills, a solid understanding of Python, and proficiency in remote machine imaging technologies. The right candidate will be customer obsessed with an ability to translate requirements into outcomes that advance the functionality of the network while improving customer experience. This position will contribute to the evolution of the Lumen CDN platform.
- Develop, test, and maintain Python-based applications and software components.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design and implement remote machine imaging and configuration management solutions.
- Understand and develop using a staged deploy methodology for controlled code delivery to a Global network.
- Write clean, efficient, and maintainable code that adheres to best practices and coding standards.
- Write and deploy REST APIs (primarily Python)
- Write test automation code for unit and integration testing (primarily Python/pytest)
- Manage CI/CD workflows (Jenkins, GitLab, GitHub)
- Conduct thorough testing and debugging to ensure the reliability and performance of developed software.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to configuration management and executions.
- Tasks may include project implementation, researching and evaluating problems, and recommending and implementing decisions.
- Stay up to date with the latest advancements and trends in Python development and remote imaging technologies.
- 6+ years of experience with a Bachelor's Degree
- 4+ years of experience with a Master's Degree
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Python Developer, with a minimum of 4 years of professional experience.
- Strong proficiency in Python programming language, including knowledge of various frameworks such as Django, Flask, or Pyramid.
- Solid understanding of bare metal imaging tools and practices including BIOS configuration, Kickstart utilities, remote imaging
- Familiarity with network protocols and communication technologies, including TCP/IP, SSH, PXE, VPN.
- Strong experience working with Virtual Machines and Container technology.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills, with the ability to analyze and resolve complex technical issues.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to work effectively within a team and with stakeholders.
Requisition #: 328544
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. More information on what’s included in these checks can be found in the Post Offer section of our FAQ page. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position or your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
NOTE: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.