Worldwide | Dec. 22, 2023
Report as Closed
Company: Arch Systems
Salary: $82,504 - $91,672
Arch Systems is seeking a talented Senior DevOps Engineer to join our rapidly scaling team and help guide our customers in successfully implementing our impactful solutions. If you're ready to shape the future of our products and excel in a collaborative and innovative atmosphere, we want to hear from you!
About Arch Systems
Started by Stanford Engineering PhDs and grown out of non-profit work in Africa, Arch is a venture-backed company working with the world's largest electronics manufacturers. We combine rich data from all machines, new and legacy, to drive real time and predictive analytics transforming manufacturing efficiency and how we work.
We are looking for talented and driven people who seek a lasting impact both in transforming manufacturing operations as well as making critical industries more efficient, connected, and sustainable. Come join our diverse and passionate team!
Since before COVID-19, Arch has operated as a remote-equal team and while we welcome candidates from anywhere in the world to apply, we do have a preference for candidates located in CEST +-1 hour timezone to maximize collaboration time for this role. We are unable to sponsor a Visa at this time.
About the role
As an Arch Senior DevOps Engineer you will be responsible for the infrastructure for collecting and analyzing data and the web applications using that infrastructure. You will work with the largest datasets available in the electronics manufacturing industry, already collected into our data lake and well structured.
You will be working on the most advanced problems in the electronics industry that, in many cases, are not yet well-enough understood to be solved with straightforward applications of existing machine learning tools.
Your role will be to work in partnership with our product and development teams to ensure we have the quality, monitoring, security, and availability in our infrastructure and applications to build and grow quickly and successfully.
About the stack
Your team manages and deploys the ArchFX product which is a cloud based machine data collection and analytics platform. The product consists of a main web application deployed onto a Kubernetes cluster via multiple Helm charts along with associated workers and other services that are also templatized and running in the same cluster. All infrastructure components are managed via Terraform using infrastructure as code. CI/CD is run using Github Actions and includes both infrastructure changes as well as application deployments (handled on separate cadences). The application runs in AWS and makes heavy use of managed services such as RDS, Elasticache, EKS, ECS, Lambda, Batch, ECR to reduce ops burden. Observability is handled via Prometheus and Loki into Grafana for metrics and logs, as well as Sentry for exceptions and API performance. Supporting big data infrastructure is built around S3 for storage, Lambda for ingest, AWS Batch for modeling and AWS Athena for querying. This is also managed via Terraform. The tenancy model is single-tenant for large enterprise customers requiring a significant investment in automation around new-tenant bring-up and new release rollouts.
What You Bring to The Table:
- 5+ years of professional experience in a DevOps role
- Experience working with product and engineering teams to deliver the platform they need
- Experience in Agile or similar software development environments
- Experience with CI/CD automation (Github Actions being a big +)
- Experience in operations and automation of cloud (AWS) - based Python/Django web applications with a strong data component
- Familiarity with Kubernetes deployment tooling such as Helm
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to balance multiple work streams
- Collaborate closely with product development teams to design the quality, monitoring, security and availability of the different applications.
- Build, configure and tune highly available, fault-tolerant and scalable Kubernetes infrastructure.
- Participate in product discussions, influence the roadmap and take ownership and responsibility for new projects to make them happen.
- Proven experience with IaC tools such as Terraform
- Proficiency with troubleshooting, monitoring, and analytics.
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Experience and domain knowledge in manufacturing and process improvement
- Specifically any experience or knowledge in electronics manufacturing
- Experience with Data Science and/or IOT products
- Experience in Big Data / Data Pipeline tools and time series datastores
- Familiarity with Data and Query optimization
- Familiarity with ML optimization and resource allocation
- Experience in communicating complex technical ideas to high level business leaders (managers, directors, up to VPs and C-level)
- Experience working with a remote, distributed team
- Leadership skills and experience
How We Will Support You:
- Ambitious and clear vision of how you can be a part of transforming the manufacturing supply chain and building next generation IoT technology
- Highly motivated and experienced team with relevant domain expertise and network
- Ability to deploy your work solving cutting edge problems with major manufacturers worldwide including Fortune 500 companies
- Learning & Development budget to allow you to continue to grow in not only your function, but in any way that relates!
- Trust in your ability to do your best work when and where you want and to communicate this with your team
- Flexible Time Off: take the time you need, including an end-of-year break and an ask that all Arch-itects take at least one additional (consecutive) week off each year to recharge in addition to local holidays and religious observances
- Opportunity to challenge yourself, be nurtured, and grow in a highly dynamic environment
- A culture that welcomes and encourages autonomy, ownership, and transparency; allowing you to make, learn from, and teach others in your “failures” as much as your successes
- Potential to travel to the annual Arch Summit
- A culture of diversity of thought and background with many languages and nationalities on the team
Resumes must be submitted in English
We encourage interested and enthusiastic applicants to apply and not allow imposter syndrome to self-select out of an opportunity. We believe in hiring people as their full and authentic selves, allowing them to utilize their strengths and then helping them to learn, grow, and add to those strengths.