Worldwide | Aug. 18, 2023
Report as Closed
Company: Foxbox Digital
Salary: $85,808 - $95,343
Foxbox Digital is an award-winning digital product agency, headquartered in Chicago. We partner with clients ranging from start-ups to mid-sized businesses and everyone in between to design, develop, and deliver successful digital experiences.
We're a remote-first team of associates located in the United States and LATAM regions. Our mission is rooted in continuously engaging and assembling tech-enthusiasts together to build our global team.
The Senior Backend Engineer is responsible for bringing creativity and agility to make an immediate impact to help Foxbox build beautiful products. In this role you will be writing and testing scalable code, developing server side logic and ensuring responsiveness to teams. The Senior Backend Engineer is motivated to provide guidance to team members positively impacting our clients every day writing clear documents, ruthlessly prioritizing, presenting information and data to clients, and explaining what is going on to other team members in different roles.
- Write effective, scalable code using Python programming language.
- Design client-side and server side architecture
- Provide guidance to designers, product owners, and other developers to ensure high-quality product delivery by using expertise impact work across multiple work streams.
- Participate in code reviews, design reviews, all client meetings, and architecture discussions, actively soliciting feedback in order to improve relationships and capability.
- Perform high quality backend work: developing back-end components to improve responsiveness and overall performance; integrate user-facing elements into applications, write and document effective APIs;test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency; troubleshoot, Debug and upgrade software; improve functionality of existing systems; implement security and data protection solutions; build features and applications with a mobile responsive design; assess and prioritize feature requests.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest backend development trends and technology by recommending multiple courses of action, assessing trade-offs, and prioritizing work taking action to solve problems with our clients.
- Engage client and internal stakeholders using appropriate communication methods, distilling complex scope into executable work, and setting appropriate expectations.
- Identifies opportunities to collaborate with other team members across Foxbox.
- Log billable and non-billable hours daily to accurately bill clients for work performed.
Who You are:
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- You have 7+ years of experience using Python.
- You have 4+ years of experience in using Django (ORM, class-based views, generic views, forms, templates).
- You have a strong understanding of Pytest and Model Bakery for testing.
- You have experience with Bootstrap or other frontend styling frameworks.
- You have experience with Database PostgreSQL.
- You have strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication, and presentation skills.
- You have the ability to work independently and guide other team members.
- You feel confident to develop features in backend and implementing a frontend UI following mockups.
- Familiarity with agile software development methodologies.
- Experience working in a professional services or consulting environment is a plus.
- Fluency in English is a must.
Technologies we use:
- Backend: Node.js | Python | Go | Ruby | Java | .Net | Elixir | React Native
- Mobile: Android / iOS
Why Foxbox Digital
- We offer continuous training and growth opportunities
- You are part of a multicultural and collaborative team that is constantly growing.
- Don’t be afraid to break things; we encourage risk-takers.
Diversity and Inclusion
Foxbox Digital is an LGBT company certified by the Illinois and National LGBT Chambers of Commerce. We are committed to working with diverse and inclusive teams to continue building the digital revolution.
Foxbox is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all and team members with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Foxbox are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Foxbox will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Foxbox encourages applicants of all ages.