United States | Aug. 28, 2023
Report as Closed
Company: Funnel Leasing
Salary: $120,000 - $150,000
Funnel Leasing Inc., is hiring for a Software Engineer L1 that can 'work from anywhere' in the U.S. The Software Engineer L1 is an entry-level role responsible for contributing to the development and maintenance of the company's software products. This role will work closely with experienced software engineers, product managers, and designers to learn best practices, develop new skills, and contribute to the successful execution of projects. A successful candidate will have a strong foundation in computer science, a willingness to learn, and excellent problem-solving skills.
We are a 'work from anywhere' in the U.S. SaaS company that centers our services on the renter experience. We develop amazing software that has revolutionized the #proptech industry. And did we mention we have an amazing team that is on #FunnelFire!? Oh, did we forget to tell you we have unlimited PTO, benefits that begin on your first day of employment, P.I.N.K. core values that ROCK, and our team puts the FUN in Funnel!
Employees may be eligible for various benefits. Generally, we provide employee access to:
- Health insurance
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Company paid Life/AD&D
- Long-term Disability insurance
- Short-term Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Retirement Plan - 2% company match
In addition to these benefits, we also offer
- Benefits effective on first date of employment
- Remote-first; work from anywhere within the US company culture
- Unlimited Discretionary Time off & Sick Leave
- 15 paid holidays
- One time remote work stipend
- Employee recognition program
- Employee-led Groups (ELG's)
Who is Funnel Leasing?
Have you ever rented an apartment and wished the process could be better? At Funnel we do too. We know we need to make the process of renting an apartment as easy as purchasing socks on Amazon. We've created cloud-based marketing and leasing software that delivers the ultimate rental experience for everyone involved in the process. We're in the process of transforming the real estate industry through cutting-edge technology built, sold, and supported by the most passionate people you'll meet.
Click here to learn more about Funnel and our innovative team members across the country.
The Software Engineer L1's essential roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with experienced Software Engineers, Product Management, and Product Designers to understand project requirements and implementation plans
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of the company's software products under the guidance of experienced team members
- Participate in code reviews and design discussions, applying best practices and learning from feedback
- Assist in identifying and addressing technical debt, continuously improving software quality and maintainability
- Actively seek opportunities to learn and grow as a software engineer, both through formal training and on-the-job experiences
- Develop a strong understanding of the company's software products, technologies, and processes
- Work closely with experienced team members to learn best practices and expand technical skillset
- Contribute to cross-functional teams in the successful execution of software projects, ensuring on-time delivery and high-quality output
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels of the organization, both technical and non-technical
- Stay current with industry trends and emerging technologies, applying this knowledge to drive innovation within the company
- Foster a culture of collaboration, innovation, and continuous improvement within the software engineering organization
- Encourage professional development and continuous learning opportunities for self and team members
- Maintain open communication channels and promote a feedback-driven environment
- Perform other duties as assigned and modified at the manager's discretion
Education, Work Experience, and Certifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent related experience
- 0-2 years of experience in software engineering or a related field
- Familiarity with modern web application frameworks, such as Django, Flask, or Ruby on Rails, is a plus
- Familiarity with frontend frameworks such as React, Vue, and Angular, is a plus
- Working knowledge of web technologies and concepts (such as REST APIs, HTTP, HTML/DOM, CSS)
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, and collaboration skills
- A strong desire to learn and grow in the software engineering field
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Funnel, we are committed to building a proptech company that is as diverse as the multifamily industry we serve, and that means to not only live our inclusivity, but also to support and encourage it among all of society. If you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Funnel provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, age, sex, familial or marital status, pregnancy, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, or any other legally-protected status in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Employees must be able to perform all essential job functions, with or without reasonable accommodation.
The above statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. Funnel may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.