India | Aug. 22, 2023
Report as Closed
Salary: $104,000 - $132,000
Haptik is one of the world's largest Conversational AI companies, having reached over 500+ million devices, and processed over 4 billion + conversations till date. Haptik has been at the forefront of the paradigm shift of interaction from clicks to conversations. We have built a robust set of technology and tools that can enable any kind of conversational application. With a 350+ member strong team, Haptik is truly poised to lead the Conversational AI revolution with some of the best minds in the industry.
We are a full-stack conversational AI company from building products to delivering bots for our clients. We are looking for a “Software Engineer” to believe in this mission and to help develop high-quality chatbots for our clients.
- Haptik plans to operate in a hybrid work-model where our employees will have the flexibility to Work-from-Home (WFH) for up to 3 out of 5 working days every week.
- In addition to Mumbai where we already have an office, places like Bangalore, Delhi/NCR and Pune will also have an office space soon in 2022 as many of our current employees are also based in these cities.
- You’re encouraged to apply only if you’re either based in one of these 4 cities (Mumbai, Bangalore, Delhi, Pune) or are open to relocating to one within 6 months of joining us.
As a Software Engineer you will be helping the team build a plug and play ecosystem of applications from various domains like e-commerce, fintech, telecom,etc. and connect it with the Haptik Platform. With you there will be a group of talented team consisting of Program Managers, Engineering Managers, QA Engineers, UX, and Content Specialists.
- Have in depth knowledge of database concepts, debugging skills, algorithms and data structures, DB query optimization techniques (via experience or reading), unit testing in Python, CI/CD concepts and backend systems, design principles, good coding practices
- Thorough understanding of how to build/improve complex tools already at scale
- Work across all teams to understand requirements and implementation of API’s/Solutioning for these tools
- High level estimating and scoping/breaking down of tasks
- Fully participate in a scrum-based, agile development environment
- Have good communication skills
- 1+ years of experience in software development
- Good knowledge of at-least one framework (Django, Django Rest Framework (DRF) preferred)
- Must be proficient with one language : Python/PHP
- Worked on databases like MySQL, MongoDB, Elasticsearch
- Worked on tools like Postman, AWS, Opensource tools
- Requirements is such a strong word. We don’t necessarily expect to find a candidate that has done everything listed, but you should be able to make a credible case that you’ve done most of it and are ready for the challenge of adding some new things to your resume.
- On a roll: Announced major strategic partnership with Jio.
- Great team: You will be working with great leaders who have been listed in Business World 40 Under 40, Forbes 30 Under 30 and MIT 35 Under 35 Innovators.
- Great culture: The freedom to think and innovate is something that defines the culture of Haptik. Every person is approachable. While we are working hard, it is also important to take breaks to not get too worked up.
- Huge market: Disrupting a massive, growing chatbot market. The global market is projected to attain a valuation of US $0.94 bn by the end of 2024 progressing from US $0.11 bn earned in 2015.
- Great customers: Businesses across industries - Samsung, HDFCLife, Times of India are some that have relied on Haptik's Conversational AI solutions to engage, acquire, service and understand customers.
- Impact: A fun and exciting start-up culture that empowers its people to make a huge impact.
Working hard for things that we don't care about is stress, but working hard for something we love is called passion! At Haptik we passionately solve problems in order to be able to move faster and don't shy away from breaking things!