Worldwide | June 4, 2023
Report as Closed
Salary: $130,000 - $240,000
ARE YOU READY TO TAKE YOUR CAREER TO NEW HEIGHTS? ARE YOU SEEKING A NEW CHALLENGE IN A DYNAMIC SECTOR?
This is a very exciting and highly innovative time here at Outside.
OUR TRUE NORTH:
Outside Interactive, Inc., the premier hub for active lifestyle enthusiasts, offers best-in-class content and experiences to more than 70 million of the world's most passionate outdoor, wellness, and endurance enthusiasts every month. We inspire a broad and diverse audience to do the activities they love with greater enjoyment, inspiration, and knowledge and are dedicated to making real change in the outdoor and fitness industries.
As a Software Engineer for the Discovery team at Outside, you'll be working on our recommendation engine. Using cutting edge technologies, you will ensure we're serving up the most relevant article, video, or event no matter which sport our users enjoy. This role is incredibly dynamic and rewards flexibility when it comes to technology and approach.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with Product, Design, and other Engineering teams members on a cross-functional team
- Design and implement methods of data ingestion that support better AI driven recommendations and personalized experiences
- Build and maintain new connections using our federated GraphQL API
- Develop solutions to scale our recommendation system across new data types with other Engineering teams
- Work in two week agile sprints including sprint planning, refinement and retrospective ceremonies.
This describes you:
- You bring 3+ years experience of software engineering experience
- You have experience with Django, Python, and GraphQL
- You exhibit curiosity & drive in the workplace. Specifically as it applies to:
- Understanding complex software systems
- Seeking new inputs in our recommendation system
- Working with stakeholders to utilize existing recommendations
- Proactively reaching out to continue your own professional & technical development
- You understand how to break down a high level goal into its atomic pieces of work
- You display professionalism when working across teams and disciplines
- You're a collaborative team player who celebrates the success of those around you
We are unable to sponsor a VISA for this position
Entirely remote jobs that could be performed in Colorado: Employees can expect to be paid a salary between $115,000 to $140,000. Additional benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, Flexible Time Away, sick leave, and more. This salary range is merely an estimate and may vary based on an applicant's location, market data/ranges, an applicant's skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors.