United States | Sept. 27, 2023
Report as Closed
Company: Ad Hoc Team
Salary: $90,000 - $110,000
The Federal Health Team is looking for Software Engineer III Full Stack w/ Front End focus to join the Blue Button 2.0 program. This is a fully remote position.
Work on things that matter
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the government better serve people through modern technology and product development practices. Some examples of the services we support include Healthcare.gov and VA.gov, both of which are used by millions of people. We help implement modern technologies that government agencies are increasingly interested in, bringing in best practices as we do: among other things, this includes API design, implementation, and governance; platform infrastructure for developers; responsive, accessible websites; and mobile applications.
What matters most
Ad Hoc operates according to our commitment to inclusivity, acceptance, accountability, and humility. We aren't heroes. We believe in missions larger than our individual selves and leave our egos at the door, learn from our mistakes, and iterate in order to better serve the people in our country. We prioritize building teams that represent the diversity of the people our government serves. We love the challenge of government-size projects. We want to bring skills to federal agencies, help them better meet the needs of their users, and close the gap between consumer expectations and government.
Built for a remote life
Ad Hoc is remote-first and remote-always. We've designed our culture, communications, and tools to support a nationwide distributed team since the beginning. Being remote by design allows Ad Hoc to be thoughtful and intentional about creating diverse teams and supporting them with a work environment that fits their lives. With a generous PTO policy and Slack channels for every interest (from bird watching to space nerds to parenting) our culture embraces the things happening in your life. Maybe you need to adjust your schedule to care for your family or take a bike ride. At Ad Hoc, that's embraced.
In this role, you will serve as an emerging subject matter expert, while serving as an individual contributor that exhibits a high level of trust, autonomy and empowerment. With minimal oversight from leadership, you will be responsible for leading and monitoring the ability to meet scope, schedule and delivery requirements and may support adjacent programs within the business unit. A Staff Software Engineer - Full Stack exhibits strong influential skills to represent the software engineering practice in planning sessions, advocating for the best technical solution, while communicating tradeoffs. You will serve as the primary lead and proactively communicate with stakeholders; while utilizing strong influential skills to drive improvements in software engineering processes and practices. Primary expectations of a Staff Software Engineer - Full Stack include:
- Plans and executes on roadmaps for new projects without explicit guidance and direction from technical supervisors
- Actively participates in conversations and planning sessions with partners and key stakeholders
- Periodically travels to work with and present to clients, partners, and stakeholders
- Elaborates on and evolves complex and ambiguous products to uncover constraints and new opportunities
- Reduces ambiguity in the systems they work with, including adding documentation, refactoring, and automated testing
- Effectively communicates on existing systems, design decisions, past performance, and a major history of the projects that they've been part of for bid-writing, tech demos, and other potentially client-facing communications
- Participates in technical depth interviews with new candidates
- Presents on technical topics effectively, articulating implementation complexity and other costs to inform business decisions
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering or equivalent. and 5+ years of engineering experience
- Expert-level capabilities in at least one major technology stack, able to independently lead teams and ensure successful delivery
- Skills needed - Application Engineer
- Front End Must have:
- Python, Django
- REST API, Node
- React, Postgres
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
Ad Hoc job descriptions feature the starting range we reasonably expect to pay to candidates who would join our team with little to no need for training on the responsibilities we've outlined above. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide range of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and responsibility. The range of starting pay for this role is $90,000.00-$110,000.00 and information on benefits offered is here. Our recruiters will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements.
To learn more about working at Ad Hoc, please visit: https://adhocteam.us/join/