Interested in joining a growing company where you will work with talented colleagues, enhance a supportive and energetic culture, and be part of the climate solution? At Energy Solutions, we focus on the big impacts. And we believe that market-based programs can be a powerful force to deliver large-scale energy, carbon, and water-use savings. For 28 years, we've harnessed that power to offer proven, performance-based solutions for our utility, government, and institutional customers.
We are currently seeking an experienced Software Engineer III to join our Information Systems team to design, develop, and maintain software systems that support the distribution of incentives for clean energy technologies. In this role, you will bring your expertise and leverage cutting-edge technologies to architect and implement systems that support nationwide energy efficiency and distributed energy resource programs. This unique position is perfect for individuals with technical prowess that want to have an impact on energy efficiency markets and greenhouse gas reductions through our work for major North American utilities and other clients around the country.
Energy Solutions has a remote-friendly work environment for staff located throughout the United States. We also have offices in Oakland and Orange California as well as Boston, New York and Chicago for those that wish to work from one of our offices.
- Designing, developing, and maintaining web applications and other enterprise software systems using Python, Django, Django REST Framework, PostgreSQL, and front-end technologies.
- Reviewing functional requirements and drafting implementation plans.
- Contributing new unit tests and promptly fixing any tests that fail continuous integration checks.
- Working with internal clients to debug, reproduce, document, and fix support problems for production systems.
- Performing code reviews on colleagues' contributions to the codebase.
- Participating in agile ceremonies such as standup meetings and pointing discussions.
- Leading technical analysis and discussions with internal clients, project managers, and other software engineers.
- Specializing in one or more codebases in order to be the go-to engineer for questions about bugs or new feature implementation plans or how best to use Django for a specific problem.
- Being detail oriented with regards to documentation.
- Being team oriented and collaborative.
Salary DOE: $115k - $135k/Annually
- A bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, or Computer Science or master's degree in a related field. Candidates exhibiting 8 or more years of work experience using related technologies are also encouraged to apply.
- Experience with Python and Django required.
- Experience with relational databases including MySQL, SQL, postgreSQL, Oracle or similar.
- Effective communication skills and an enthusiasm for collaborative software development.
- Significant API experience using Django REST Framework is a plus.
- Energy related professional experience is a plus.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a generous retirement package. Energy Solutions provides an excellent benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, other pre-tax contribution plans and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
To see this and our other open positions, please visit https://energy-solution.com/company/careers/.
We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply. For more information about Energy Solutions and our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion efforts, please visit us on our website at www.energy-solution.com.
Background Check Information
Information will be requested to perform the compulsory background check. A drug screen and authorization to work in the U.S. indefinitely are preconditions of employment. Energy Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.
Energy Solutions is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities. If you require an accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, and/or completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Privacy Notice for Job Applicants