United States | March 13, 2023
Report as Closed
Salary: $85,400 - $108,000
This is a new venture startup. Compensation is currently aligned with an equity incentive plan (company stock shares). The company is exploring venture capital discussions in 2023.
Selected candidates will be asked to submit a 60-90 second video resume prior to interview.
What Are We Up To?
Giving you the TRUE social experience that promotes and facilitates real-world interaction. Today's social apps live bottled up and owned by a third-party company somewhere on the internet. They own your account, your info, and ultimately you. They gain all and you gain nothing. At bluespeck, we are giving you back personal ownership. Empowering you to be you. Start owning your experiences each time you step outside your house.
Why bluespeck? Because you'll want to say, "I'm a part of that." Ours is.
We are looking for an engineer with strong software and cloud engineering skills to guide the development of the backend. You will be part of an expert team for designing and implementing highly scalable developer-centric APIs and backend systems powered by NLP, ML, and DL models. The backend will also integrate with blockchain and other web3 technologies, so while not strictly necessary, some familiarity with the web3 stack will be helpful.
What You’ll Do
- Build new API features and endpoints
- Build automated test suites and CI/CD pipelines
- Build highly scalable event-driven and real-time systems
- Instrument systems with metrics, tracing, and logging
- Troubleshoot production issues
- Solve complex technical problems
What You Have
- Experience with Python frameworks such as Django, Flask, or Tornado
- Proficiency with both SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience migrating systems to meet increasing traffic/scale
- High scalability experience
- Deep AWS, Azure, and/or Google Cloud knowledge
- Strong Python coding abilities
This role and others can also be found at: https://angel.co/company/bluespeck
About Founder: Michael Iriarte
This position is ultimately what you make it. Bluespeck is a complex project with wide-reaching implications in the real world. This is an opportunity to contribute to a groundbreaking project in its infancy and the team in the beginning stages. Participation will be vetted thoroughly, and compensation will be based upon talent’s skillsets.
Bluespeck promotes a flexible and healthy work culture. We are a fully remote team of forward-thinking collaborators who value creativity, attention to detail, open communication, and a deeply curious mindset when it comes to building something the world has never seen.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Are you within the United States and can submit proof of residency?
- If selected for an interview will you be willing to submit a 60-90 second video resume prior?
- REST: 3 years (Preferred)
- Java: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote