Bring your heart to CVS Health. Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
This role is for a high-performing Senior developer with a strong working knowledge of Python frameworks like Django, Flask etc. with a proven track record of modernizing and standardizing applications. As a senior developer in the team, you would have the ability to containerize multiple webservices and create and maintain CI/CD pipelines for multiple services. Exposure to on-prem and cloud technology is a must to join our retail development team and help us create dynamic software applications for our clients. In this role, you will be responsible for modernizing multiple components of the application, providing roadmap for optimization of applications, solving production issues while guiding the team with delivering dynamic and user-friendly solutions, using agile development lifecycle.
To be successful in your role, you should possess in-depth knowledge of object-relational mapping, experience with server-side logic, experience deploying code in Linux (or Unix) platforms and a great working experience of Python programming. Producing quality results while delivering scalable, secured, and dependable applications is a must. Ability to effectively communicate and creatively solve issues would be one of the greatest assets you would bring to the table.
Python Developer Responsibilities:
- Producing scalable design and coding solution to modernize applications
- Provide documentation and roadmap for optimizing applications
- Testing and debugging applications.
- Integrating user-facing elements using server-side logic.
- Redesigning applications to align with CVS security standards
- Assessing and prioritizing client feature requests.
- Integrating data storage solutions.
- Modularizing monolithic application and providing microservices architecture solutions
- Reprogramming existing databases to improve functionality.
- 7+ years of experience with synchronous and asynchronous programming logics
- 7+ years of experience writing code, containerizing applications and writing microservices and automating pipelines for CD.
- 4+ years of experiencewith pipeline software, reverse proxies, NoSQL DBs
- 7+ years of experience in at least one popular Python framework (like Django(preferrable), Flask, FastAPI)
- 7+ years of experience with object-relational mapping (ORM)
- 2+ years of experience with front-end technologies (like React, Vue)
- 5+ years of experience with Linux server
7+ years of experience with databases (like SQL, PostgreSQL, MariaDB)
Cloud certified developer.
- Good to have experience with cloud technologies
- Great communications skills and ability to work in a fast-pace agile environment
- Great problem-solving skills and provide modern solutions with security in mind.
BSc in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field
The typical pay range for this role is:
$94,500.00 - $196,000.00
This pay range represents the base hourly rate or base annual full-time salary for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual base salary offer will depend on a variety of factors including experience, education, geography and other relevant factors. This position is eligible for a CVS Health bonus, commission or short-term incentive program in addition to the base pay range listed above.
In addition to your compensation, enjoy the rewards of an organization that puts our heart into caring for our colleagues and our communities. The Company offers a full range of medical, dental, and vision benefits. Eligible employees may enroll in the Company’s 401(k) retirement savings plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan is also available for eligible employees. The Company provides a fully-paid term life insurance plan to eligible employees, and short-term and long term disability benefits. CVS Health also offers numerous well-being programs, education assistance, free development courses, a CVS store discount, and discount programs with participating partners. As for time off, Company employees enjoy Paid Time Off (“PTO”) or vacation pay, as well as paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Number of paid holidays, sick time and other time off are provided consistent with relevant state law and Company policies.
For more detailed information on available benefits, please visit jobs.CVSHealth.com/benefits
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
CVS Health is committed to recruiting, hiring, developing, advancing, and retaining individuals with disabilities. As such, we strive to provide equal access to the benefits and privileges of employment, including the provision of a reasonable accommodation to perform essential job functions. CVS Health can provide a request for a reasonable accommodation, including a qualified interpreter, written information in other formats, translation or other services through ColleagueRelations@CVSHealth.com If you have a speech or hearing disability, please call 7-1-1 to utilize Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS). We will make every effort to respond to your request within 48 business hours and do everything we can to work towards a solution.