Worldwide | May 29, 2023
Report as Closed
Salary: $58,000 - $82,000
This is a remote permanent position for those based in UK or Ireland.
At NearForm we build digital products that provide users with fantastic digital experiences and allow enterprises to go to market faster, improve customer experience, while transforming their workflows and advancing our clients’ digital agendas. With a recent significant investment into the business, NearForm is poised to scale its impact to more enterprises.
Are you the right person to fuel this growth and add to a wonderfully collaborative culture?
We are looking for a Senior Python/Data Developer who can help our enterprise clients translate their requirements into functional and appealing interactive applications. You would be responsible for building server-side components of these applications. You will be outcome driven, and have a drive to deliver the best quality output for our clients within specific timeframes. You will be working in high performing software teams who are distributed across different locations.
- Supporting system design, development and maintenance and take responsibility for personal technical quality standards within the project team.
- Assisting with defining structured practices, especially in source code management, building and deployment.
- Designing and implementing data storage solutions.
- Implementing security and data protection.
- Executing meticulous automated tests in line with best practice.
- Troubleshooting and debugging applications.
- Optimising applications for maximum speed and scalability.
- Using appropriate tools to maintain version control and build processes.
- Getting feedback from, and building solutions for, users and clients.
- Working with and supporting the Delivery Architect (team lead) in project execution and timely delivery.
- Collaborating with client teams.
- Writing documentation and guides.
- Following new and emerging technologies.
- Contributing to NearForm tooling and open-source projects.
- Understand and embrace the NearForm culture.
As a Senior Backend Developer you will be largely focused on the server side of the application development process. We are keen to hire people who can hit the ground running, as such, there are some skills and experience we really need you to have:
- Experience delivering at a Senior Developer level in an enterprise environment.
- Practical experience of delivering in an agile environment.
- Practical experience of knowledge of developing real-world solutions and platforms.
- Deep understanding of server side code, with experience developing in Python and utilising SQL
- Deep understanding of ELT/ETL pipelines and toolchains.
- Deep understanding of Relational and Document data stores.
- Deep understanding of how modern web services are built.
- Deep understanding of modern testing methodologies, tools and practices.
- Deep understanding of versioning control tools including Git.
- Understanding of tools such as AWS serverless compute, Apigee, CloudRun and containerisation.
- Understanding of security and performance considerations.
- Understanding of architectural and design patterns in one or more of AWS/GCP/Azure.
- Understanding of deployment tools and systems integration.
- Understanding with a wide variety of open-source technologies and tools.
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Empathy and people skills.
- Experience with tools such as FastAPI, Pydantic, Flask and Django.
- Production experience of Snowflake or Databrick platforms.
- Experience with multiple cloud technologies.
- Experience debugging infrastructure.
- Infrastructure as code technology such as Terraform and Cloud Formation.
- Previous consultancy experience.
- Work remotely; we have a genuine dedication to work/life balance.
- Work flexibly; we appreciate there are more important things in life than work so our flexible working culture allows you to work around what matters - school run, no problem!
- The Wellness Hub: We have a genuine commitment to fostering/improving NearFormers’ wellbeing; we offer resources and support, including a NearForm advice line which offers confidential support for anything from relationship issues to staying healthy.
Please get in touch to discuss remuneration.
- A TalentCall with someone from the Talent team (30 mins approx.) to introduce to you NearForm and the role, and to make sure your experience is relevant for the position and to discuss life as a NearFormer
- An assessment with a member of the hiring team (1 hr approx.), this session is carried out using a screen share. You will be given a challenge and asked to provide a working solution to a specified problem.
- A video call with one of our Hiring Managers (45 mins approx.) which allows us to gain a better insight into what interests you, your technical background, and give you an overview of the work we do at NearForm.
Although we are widely dispersed, NearFormers are a tightly-knit team. We trust one another and care about our colleagues. We all get together in person at our annual company retreat, of course when we’re not faced with a global pandemic! Building on our open-source origins, we promote the sharing of thoughts, knowledge and ideas.
NearForm is committed to shaping a better world in all that we do. Our global team is built based on respect, inclusivity, diversity and excellence.