Worldwide | April 18, 2023
Report as Closed
Salary: $118,000 - $188,000
ForceMetrics™ mission is to transform data for social change. We’re striving to make positive community impact by helping public safety and government agencies better utilize data to benefit every individual. By bringing data-driven innovation to dated systems and processes, ForceMetrics is empowering responders to make better, more informed decisions in the moment, ultimately working to solve some of the toughest societal problems.
We’re currently seeking a self-starting, mission-driven Full-Stack Developer capable of building out features for our data analytics platform, aimed at transforming the way public safety agencies and community services engage each other. Our platform synthesizes and enriches law enforcement datasets to identify optimal activity patterns and improve officer effectiveness and resource planning.
You will be an integral part of the team designing and building ForceMetrics’ current and future software products. As an early member of the ForceMetrics team, you'll have many opportunities to forge our best practices and create areas of ownership for yourself.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Write software in React, Django (python) and Elasticsearch queries
- Data analysis and creation of clever data visualizations
- Automate machine learning pipelines
- Write unit and integration tests
- Assist with client data analysis and automate data ingestion
- Participate in sprint planning and organizing deliverables
- Develop deep familiarity with the ForceMetrics platform and its unique uses and advantages to solving real-world public safety and societal problems
WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE
- Computer Science or Engineering degree from 4-year accredited university
- Experience with object-oriented design and software design patterns
- Experience with css, css flex box, and style libraries like Bootstrap or Material Design
- Experience with Backend app servers like Django, Flask, CherryPy, Spring, or Spring Boot
- Proficiency with Relational Databases and SQL, as well as Git and Github
- Experience with unit and integration testing
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Enjoy working in a lean, fast-paced team where you can take initiative and generate results every day
- Passion for making a difference in the lives of many
- U.S. Citizen or Green Card Holder; must be able to pass an FBI background check in order to work with the highly sensitive data entrusted with us to positively impact the world
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT
- Mobile application development like iOS, Android, React Native, expo.io
- Advanced SQL techniques , window functions
- Elasticsearch Indexing, text search and aggregations
- Data Analytics using python pandas, data frames
- Django apps
- Cloud Computing
- Early-stage tech startup experience
WHAT WE CAN OFFER
- A strong sense of mission for impacting real communities and solving complex societal problems
- Work alongside other top talent in a rewarding and enjoyable culture
- Competitive Salary + Company Equity (seed-stage)
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life insurance
- 100% Remote
- Standard holidays and paid time off
ForceMetrics was founded in 2020 to provide data analytics and enrichment applications to public safety agencies throughout the United States, with a focus on better community outcomes through data.
We're venture-backed with a diverse founding team led by Andre McGregor, computer engineer and veteran FBI Special Agent turned entrepreneur, alongside a team of data scientists, software engineers, cybersecurity experts, and business operations leaders—many of whom have been law enforcement officers and have previously built successful companies.
We have a robust set of investors and an advisory board of active/retired police chiefs, government leaders, and technology innovators.
ForceMetrics™ values diversity, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. ForceMetrics™ will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind based on any characteristics.