United States | Jan. 28, 2023
Report as Closed
Company: Cars & Bids
Salary: $145,000 - $170,000
The Sr. Backend Software Engineer will be responsible for maintaining and continuing to develop the custom platform and infrastructure used by Cars & Bids to host real-time auto auctions for thousands of concurrently live visitors every day.
Their duties include architecting, designing, developing, testing, and documenting software to both meet the needs of end-users and achieve Cars & Bids' business goals. In this role, they will be working closely with a small and talented product development team to support Cars & Bids' rapid growth while also continuing to innovate in the online auction space.
The Sr. Backend Software Engineer will:
- Turn high-level product requirements into elegant and functional APIs and features through a collaborative process.
- Design, develop, test, and debug the Cars & Bids software using Python and Django.
- Architect, implement, and maintain the AWS infrastructure used by Cars & Bids.
- Manage the release process of the Cars & Bids software using CI/CD.
- Recommend and use new technologies/tools for monitoring, debugging, and increasing productivity.
- Investigate software-related complaints and make necessary adjustments to ensure optimal software performance.
- Regularly attend team meetings to discuss projects, brainstorm ideas, and propose solutions to any issues.
The Sr. Backend Software Engineer should have the following experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Excellent software development skills with the ability to write reliable and performant software with extensive tests.
- Previous web development experience with a high-level language (Python preferred) and a web framework (Django preferred).
- Previous experience with AWS services such as Elastic Beanstalk, RDS, Lambda, S3, CloudFront, DynamoDB, and others.
- Previous experience with infrastructure as code (Terraform preferred).
- Proven experience building complex web systems.
- Detail-oriented with excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Nice-to-have: experience building services and APIs used by high-traffic mobile apps.
Through Insperity, Cars & Bids offers a comprehensive benefits package that provides the following benefits:
- Multiple PPO and HMO Medical Plans to choose from
- Dental and Vision PPO Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan through Pentegra
- Unlimited PTO Plan and 10 Paid Annual Holidays
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Education Assistance Program
- Employer-paid Basic Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
- Semi-Monthly WFH Stipend
- Meal credits through Grubhub
About Cars & Bids:
Cars & Bids is the best online auction marketplace to buy and sell modern enthusiast cars – that means pretty much anything that's cool from the 1980s, 1990s, 2000s, 2010s, or 2020s. Founded by automotive journalist Doug DeMuro and tech entrepreneur Blake Machado, Cars & Bids has enjoyed rapid growth since its launch in June 2020 – hosting over 10,000 auctions, selling over $200 million worth of cars, and reaching well over a million visitors every month. For more information, we encourage you to visit our website at www.carsandbids.com!