United States | June 28, 2023
Report as Closed
Salary: $145,000 - $168,000
We set up in 2018 to make EV charging simpler, greener and cheaper for drivers, to encourage EV adoption and reduce carbon emissions. Core to our platform is a proprietary smart-charging algorithm, dynamically aligning charging with intermittent low-carbon electricity, reducing carbon emissions from grid electricity by as much as 70%.
We’ve so far secured over 13m USD in funding and achieved the title of ‘Best Energy Startup in the World’ when we won the Free Electrons programme. We’ve brought together a high performing team bringing expertise from their previous roles at National Grid, Bulb, BCG, Meta, Amazon, BBOX and more, and pride ourselves on the inclusive and collaborative culture we’ve created.
We’re looking for more talented and passionate folk to join our mission to make EV charging greener, as we push to have over a million drivers using our product globally.
We're hiring across multiple teams - our tech stack across all includes Python, Django, PSQL, AWS, CloudFormation and Ansible. We focus on developing high quality code, following a common set of engineering principles, and are customer-focused in everything we do.
- Commercial experience with Python 3 (we're on 3.10 currently)
- Ideally, commercial experience with Django (we're on 4)
- An excellent understanding of relational databases (we use PSQL)
- An excellent understanding of APIs
- Understanding of oAuth and identity management
- Great communication skills, written and verbal, as you'll often be interacting with our client's teams
- Confidence digging into details of challenging problems, with an analytical and investigative mind
- Stewardship - a want to make improvements for the long-term and take ownership of problems
- Belief in the ev.energy mission and enthusiasm for driving us towards it
For more details in what we expect from a Senior Software Engineer, take a look at our public progression framework.
- Remote working, investing in your home office setup or a co-working location convenient for you
- Access to conferences, meet-ups and training
- A top of the range Macbook Pro and all you need to do your best work
- A structured career progression framework and advancement opportunities
- Health insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Generous equity, with options to earn more shares as you progress
- Quarterly team meet-ups, to collaborate and have fun in person!
If you don’t have all of the requirements, but you’re really interested in what we’re doing, please apply anyway! We’d love to hear from you and may be able to tailor the role around your abilities and experience. We value applicants regardless of their background or years of experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are transparent about salaries internally - this role pays 145,000 - 168,000 USD for candidates in the USA. We are happy to consider candidates from other locations in North America but will apply a cost of living calculation to the salary.