Worldwide | June 18, 2023
Report as Closed
Salary: $85,667 - $95,186
First of all, we are a product development team!
Lyte helps make a magical experience for fans to get fair prices, fraud prevention, guaranteed entry & flexible ticketing options and for rights-holders get control of secondary ticketing revenue, data ownership, postponement solutions & the ability to always be on sale.
As a Senior Software Engineer well into your career, we know you're exceptional at what you do. You take pride in others looking up to, but you're still eager grow and hone in on skills as a Senior Engineer... We place a heavy emphasis on leaning on your expertise to take on a high level of responsibility while being a role model and mentor to others on the team.
Our engineering team is developing Lyte's service platform, so there are many interesting architectural tasks, and you can globally influence the development of the company future.
Fans, Fans, Fans!
We're looking for a Senior Backend Software Engineer to join our team, passionately focused on delivering creative improvements for our product and help our fans get more magic expirience!
What You'll Do:
- Regularly tackle the largest and most complex problems on the team, from technical design to launch
- Deliver solutions that are used by other teams and products
- Determine plans-of-attack on large projects
- Routinely tackle complex architecture challenges and apply architectural standards and start using them on new projects
- Lead code reviews & documentation as well as take on complex bug fixes, especially on high-risk problems
- Set the standard for thorough, meaningful code reviews
- Partner across engineering teams to take on company-wide initiatives spanning multiple projects
- Highly experienced in building and developing backend applications, with a strong focus on Python development.
- Understanding of SaaS, PaaS, IaaS industry with hands-on experience with public cloud offerings (e.g., AWS, GCP, or Azure)
- Knowledge to evaluate trade-offs between correctness, robustness, performance, space and time
- Practice in mentoring other engineers and influencing decision makers throughout the organization
- Considers the customer impact when making technical decisions
- If you've got these skills, even better:
- Experience in Developer Experience or Developer Productivity
Python, Kafka, AWS, k8s, PostgreSQL, TypeScript, react-test-utils, DynamoDB, django, celery.
Culture & Community
Our team is working every day on the mission to “fix our house.” We coalese around building a truly diverse and equitable workplace, and supporting Lyte's goal of being a company that is antiracist, feminist, and promotes LGBTQ+ inclusion and allyship through education and activation within our community.
We continuously strive to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives with the goal of being consistent with the diversity of the fans that we serve; we believe that having a growth mindset is imperative as we build an organization that is fully inclusive and psychologically safe for all.
Our perks & benefits
A range of insurance options with 100% paid premiums for employees
Work from one of our office, remote or a mix of both
Reimbursement for gym and other health memberships
Be an owner of the company and share in the success
Unlimited Time Off
Take the time you need to recharge and stay energized
$1,200 annual stipend for tickets to any live event