Worldwide | April 7, 2023
Report as Closed
Salary: $164,000 - $265,000
Principal/Senior Software Engineer | Full-Time | Remote | Salt Lake City, UT
Who we are At SimpleCitizen, we are dedicated to improving immigration for people and companies by
transforming what are often manual and cumbersome processes into modern, automated workflows. We are committed to our customers and strive to create delightful user experiences, efficient processes, and easy access to data and information when it is needed.
Since our founding in 2014, we are proud of the reputation we have for our commitment to help legal immigrants to the United States obtain permanent residence and citizenship at a fraction of the cost and time. We have achieved an industry-leading success rate and superb customer reviews and NPS ratings.
Over the last couple of years, we've taken that same attitude and innovative spirit into the corporate immigration space and just recently joined Fragomen—the largest and leading immigration law firm and services provider in both the United States and the world. For nearly 70 years, Fragomen has been continually providing support for immigration and has a global footprint of over 50 offices worldwide providing services for more than 170 countries. Fragomen's professionals are recognized as the world's preeminent immigration practitioners and thought leaders in their respective jurisdictions. This exciting acquisition will provide SimpleCitizen with financial backing and a broad base of exciting clients, enabling us to continue to improve the immigration experience for hundreds of thousands of workers around the globe.
Opportunities to truly disrupt an industry are not that common, but this is one of them. In partnership with Fragomen, the stage is set for SimpleCitizen to transform the multi-billion-dollar corporate immigration industry. We will win because of our commitment to our customers, our innovative approach to technology, and our recent union with the preeminent legal immigration services provider in the industry.
To achieve this exciting mission, we'll need a community of great people in product, design and engineering.
What we're looking for
We are looking for a principal/senior level full stack software developer to join our team. As a software engineer in this position we expect you to be able to work with a team of other software engineers pretty autonomously. Iterating and responding fast to end-user feedback will be important in achieving the goals for this team. The position involves implementing & maintaining the wide variety of features in our digital immigration web application. We mainly use Python/Django and Angular. We expect some experience with those technologies.
- Understand user and product requirements
- Participate in building and product features and fixes
- Work with architecture team to determine system design requirements
- Implement new architecture as required
- Work with a cross functional team to deliver solutions for our internal and external end-users
- Help debug production issues
- 6+ years experience with software development in web application services
- Experience with Python & Django
- Experience with frontend web development
- Experience working with production systems and deployments
- Understanding of industry security practices
Nice to Haves
- Experience with other technologies in our stack Python, Typescript, Kotlin, PostgreSQL, Angular, Django, GraphQL, Docker, k8s (Kubernetes), AWS