Canada | April 29, 2023
Report as Closed
Salary: $140,000 - $190,000
Hello Principal Engineers!
Do you have a passion for building and entrepreneurship, and take pride in delivering top-notch software products with a strong emphasis on best practices? Are you also dedicated to quality from an artistic standpoint and have the tech qualifications to match? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you as a Principal Engineer!
Our goal at Hubly is to assemble an elite software engineering team, made up of diverse individuals from the world's top engineering teams. We create, collaborate, and connect working either remotely anywhere in the world (while logging in for the PST/EST time zones) or via a hybrid configuration in Vancouver, Canada.
At Hubly, we're on a mission to transform the way professional financial service firms operate, and we're making great progress since 2019. Our clients value a state-of-the-art User Experience, and we'll give you the opportunity to work directly with user feedback and help change their lives for the better.
What You Get To Do
- Build a visually powerful, scalable, and easy-to-use product that helps financial planners, help people care well for their finances and future
- Mentor other engineers
- Collaborate with the Eng team and the VP of Engineering on building - we aren’t “coders” - we problem solve, embrace ambiguity, and enjoy being creative.
- Raise the bar on DevOps practices
- Lead and teach us what you know, and learn from your team as well
- And be a leader in the formation of a world class engineering organization in a fast growing startup
What You Need To Have
- 7+ years in professional software development
- Bachelor’s degree in Software/Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field, or comparable relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience in designing, implementing and deploying testable, measurable and scalable systems to end users
- Experience in developing React frontends
- Good knowledge of SQL
- Solid software design knowledge – you should know how to create software that is extensible, reusable and meets desired architectural objectives
- Solid practitioner of the Agile/Scrum development process, ideally with test-driven development, DevOps and continuous integration/deployment (CI/CD)
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written
- Willingness to learn new technologies and approaches
- Residence in Canada with the ability to work in Canada
Nice To Haves
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Postgres
- Experience with Python and Django
- Experience with GraphQL and Relay
- Experience with Cypress testing, scripting and test automation
- Experience with Terraform or other infrastructure as code systems
- Good knowledge and experience with Docker, API Connect, Kafka in a cloud environment
A Bit More About Our Culture
- Culture is at the forefront of who we are. We are an innovative, ambitious team focused on learning and growing by providing constant support to one another and to our customers
- The industry’s most intuitive and comprehensive task & workflow management system designed for professional financial advisors
- We obsess over the customer experience and as a result we are loved by the top performing professional financial advisory firms across the United States
- We believe in giving product/engineering teams a high degree of autonomy and lead by context not control
- We strive for high quality in all the systems we develop, both from the user experience perspective and the underlying implementation
- We believe in open communication where you can safely speak your truth and are respected for it
- We embrace a culture of action where you can take innovative risks and have the safety to fail and share your learnings with the rest of the team
- We embrace remote workers as first class members of our engineering team
- We offer competitive compensation packages, endless opportunities for growth and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also incredibly rewarding
At Hubly, we are deeply committed to creating a supportive and inclusive workplace. We place value on authenticity and are focused on building a team of diverse individuals who foster an empathic and positive culture. Our greatest strengths come from the people who make up our team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and have dedicated that commitment to our current and future #hublers.