Worldwide | March 11, 2023
Report as Closed
Salary: $100,000 - $150,000
What You'll Do
We are seeking a DevOps Engineer with deep expertise in AWS and Terraform to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for building, maintaining, and optimizing our infrastructure and deployment processes. You will work closely with our development and operations teams to ensure that our systems are scalable, reliable, and secure.
- Design, implement, and maintain infrastructure using AWS and other cloud technologies, including EC2, ECS, RDS, Load Balancers, and IAM
- Create and maintain automated deployment pipelines using CodePipeline, Docker, and other tools, such as Terraform and Github
- Monitor and optimize system performance and availability using tools such as Prometheus and Grafana
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to infrastructure and deployment
- Collaborate with development teams to define and implement best practices
- Stay up-to-date with new technologies and trends in the DevOps field
- Build secure networks in the cloud that meet compliance standards
Benefits and Perks:
- Equity in Bits of Stock
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Team outings that do not involve trust falls ...
- Weekly distributed workdays
Located at Soho Farm in Manhattan with fast-growing startups. We value teamwork and leadership. We are a casual yet dedicated and highly motivated team with a shared passion for giving back to the community. We practice what we believe - Ownership Mentality. Team members work cross-functionally and collaboratively to solve problems across the company while taking ownership of their roles and responsibilities. We train on a monthly basis as a team (ie courses, presentations, mentoring, etc.) to grow individually while learning and sharpening new skills.
We also believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to the employees that we hire, grow, and retain and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Bits is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
About Bits of Stock
Our vision is to transform rewards into wealth on a global scale by making wealth ownership as easy as earning a loyalty point or swiping a card. Every year banks and brands spend nearly $500 Bn on rewards and incentive programs while less than 10% of activated or redeemed, leading to $48 Tn in unused loyalty points on their balance sheets. Meanwhile, the same consumers earning those points are underinvested and underbanked. That's why we started Bits of Stock.
Bits of Stock enables banks and members to reward and convert points into fractional shares of stock, significantly driving deposits, non-interest income, and retention. Our turnkey solution & API easily embed in your existing card program, yielding five app sessions per week, increasing card swipes by 20% MoM - adding incremental revenue from swipes and engaged customers while realizing a 16x return on your reward spend. Powered by over 50 years of banking, tips, and payment experience of veterans from PayPal, Amazon, Goldman Sachs, and Fetch Rewards.
What We're Looking For
- Excellent communicator and operator.
- Ownership and Growth mentality.
- Experience with distributed work.
- Adaptive mindset and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Thought leadership and the ability to analyze and propose solutions.
Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar role
- Deep expertise in Terraform and AWS, including networking, CI/CD, monitoring, and security
- Proficiency in Python, with experience building automation
- Familiarity with event-based architecture using messaging systems, such as RabbitMQ
- Interest in working across multiple domains of expertise and ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Creative thinker that can deliver on requirements despite limitations
- Desire to automate everything
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Working knowledge of databases and SQL
- Bonus Points:
- Some experience with Django
- Architecture design experience
- AWS - ECS, EC2, RDS, Load Balancers, IAM, CI/CD tools etc.