Worldwide | Oct. 31, 2023
Report as Closed
Salary: $80,888 - $89,876
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example- she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
TrustedHousesitters is a global pet care travel exchange; a double sided digital marketplace of owners and sitters that’s growing rapidly through our unique combination of product, proposition, marketing and community building.
We've just recently been named as one of the Escape the City's top organisations to work for 2023!
Our small but mighty team has a collaborative and supportive culture. We’re passionate about pets, people and travel; continuously searching for the win, win, win that makes everyone’s lives easier, travel kinder on the pet and enables a more sustainable travel footprint.
We're fully in scale-up mode and have grown to be the only global platform of its kind. In the last few years, we’ve consistently achieved high year-on-year growth. Thanks to strong tailwinds in the pet and travel industry in the post-Covid world, 2022 has been our strongest year so far. At our marketplace we facilitate the perfect match between pet owners who want to leave their pets in safe hands and pet sitters looking to enjoy the companionship of pets whilst they travel.
We've recently made the transition to a remote-first business, however we've retained a HQ in central Brighton which is available for collaborative working and in-person meet-ups.
About the Role
We're looking for a Backend Engineer to join one of our cross-functional squads. We currently have 4 squads which have their own goals relating to different areas of the product and are empowered to deliver on these goals from idea through to production release. Each squad contains a product manager, product designer, QA, data analyst and frontend/app/backend developers.
You will contribute to ideation and product discovery sessions, providing technical input on the MVP design and implementation of features. You will also work with the Backend Guild and Guild Lead to deliver the backend roadmap.
About our Tech
We have engineers working across a range of technologies: Python (Django/Django Rest Framework), Elasticsearch, MySQL, Docker, AWS (Fargate), React, React Native, Redux, Redux Sagas, styled-components, webpack, and more!
- Strong knowledge of Python
- Helping support work on high volume website & app traffic
- You'll have visibility on infrastructure & security of the company
- Support of a cross-functional working squad set up
- Experience working with Django and Django Rest Framework
- Sound knowledge of API design
What we'd also like our ideal candidate to have
- Experience working on platforms at scale
- DevOps experience in an AWS environment
- Experience with payments platforms or subscriptions or security management
- Experience with Stripe
- Experience of working with Docker
- Experience in configuring and managing system / infrastructure monitoring tools
We can offer up to £70k DOE for this role & you must have the right to work in the UK
In addition to a competitive salary and bonus, we offer a range of benefits, including:
- Fully remote work
- Discretionary 10% annual bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday annually plus bank holidays and Christmas to New Year closure
- Pension scheme: 5% from you as an employee and 3% from TrustedHousesitters
- Premium TrustedHousesitters pet owner and sitter membership which includes benefits like airport lounge passes, sit cancellation insurance, and home and contents insurance for sits for you and 5 premium memberships for your friends and family each year
- Our team have an unlimited housesitting allowance, can work remotely from their sits, and TrustedHousesitters will contribute up to £500 per year towards travel costs
- £200 annually towards home office equipment
- Monthly working from home stipend
- Mac book
- Find a rescue pet to join your family and we’ll cover the adoption fees, as well as paternity to help any pet settle into their new home.
- We host a quarterly all expenses paid meet-up, and will fund team events (remote or in person) throughout the year
- We can cover costs of personal development resources, and have regular time set aside for personal development
- Bupa Health Insurance and Dental Insurance plan
- Trusted Giving scheme - employee volunteering via Onhand and employee giving via Tyve
- Weekly virtual yoga sessions
- SimplyHealth healthcare cash plan
- Brighton Bikeshare
- Recruitment Referral Bonus
- Access to Spaces Locations across the globe
If you're ready to join us on our mission to become the most loved pet travel solution, we'd love to hear from you
If you have a medical condition or an individual need for an adjustment to our process, and you believe this may affect your ability to be at your best - please let us know so we can talk about how we can best support you and make any adjustments that may be needed.